Friday, 9 September 2011
Thursday, 8 September 2011
Issue 6 of Horizon Review, Salt's flagship literary magazine, is online now. As usual, it's a massive collection of things to feast your eyes on: poems, stories, art, essays, reviews. I'm thrilled to be in there for the first time with three pieces of writing: 'Emoliage', 'The Blake Sheep Replies' (poems), and a review of Tim Atkins' staggeringly good poetry collection Folklore. My poem 'Emoliage' is also in my pamphlet The Snowboy, so consider it a taster.
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
Right, we're getting through these at a rate of knots it seems, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. My latest interview was at Tony Williams' blog. We talked about poems by Hopkins and Arnold, poetry vs. fiction, lines and linebreaks, discursive poetry, and the Apocalypse. Enjoy.
Monday, 5 September 2011
More dates have been added to the Salt Modern Voices Tour, the latest of which I'll be reading at. I hope to see some of you there! Here is the list of tour dates as it stands:
- Salt Modern Voices: Paris. JT Welsch and Claire Trévien read at Culture Rapide in Belleville on 21 July 2011 from 19h30, followed by a Jam Blues.
- Salt Modern Voices: Oxford. Shaun Belcher, Mark Burnhope, Emily Hasler and Claire Trevien read at the Albion Beatnik Bookshop on 24 October 2011.
- Salt Modern Voices: Warwick. Robert Graham, Emily Hasler, Adrian Slatcher and Claire Trévien read at The Writer’s Room, Warwick University on 27 October 2011 from 19h00.
- Salt Modern Voices: Abergavenny, Wales. Emily Hasler, Adrian Slatcher, Angela Topping, and Claire Trevien read at the Hen & Chickens on 6th November 2011, from 18h00
- Salt Modern Voices: London. A two-part event on 14 and 28 November 2011 at The Compass:
- 14th November: Shaun Belcher, Adrian Slatcher, Lee Smith, and JT Welsch
- 28th November: Mark Burnhope, Emily Hasler, and Claire Trevien
- Salt Modern Voices: Manchester. Shaun Belcher, Angela Topping, Claire Trévien, and JT Welsch read at The International Anthony Burgess Foundation, Manchester on 30 November 2011 from 18h30.